Rehoboth Beach

Rehoboth Beach
I want the pink one!

Bethany Beach, DE

Bethany Beach, DE
June 2011

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A New Year...

This new year sure started out with a bang! We ended up in a landlord/tenant nightmare, water-leaking, mold growing fiasco over the holidays and moved into a new home, by necessity the weekend before Christmas! It was C-R-A-Z-Y, insane! It was a mad rush to unpack (thanks to my mom for coming to help). Then Christmas decor out and around (after first locating it). Then Christmas shopping. Then Christmas and a New Year's very fun party. Then the bang... I had a whopping 12 mm. kidney stone that got STUCK and I was extremely ill, hence 2 ER visits, 2 surgeries, the installation of a ureteric stent (Ugh with a capital U), the passing of Conan's sweet Grandma Dorothy, me in bed- in pain for almost 4 weeks, removal of stent (just say NO to that), Christian breaking his thumb, and here we are with February almost over and me wondering "where did the past 5 weeks go???" Hmmmm...
Oh yeah, and how did I gain 5 pounds? Such are the questions of life.

So, here I am. The first day out of bed I went so wild with activity that I ended up with sore muscles!! Who knew that doing laundry was a workout? I have the best family and friends in the world. They were all so good to me. The other day I made a comment that I am so happy to be able to do normal THINGS and Elizabeth looked at me with that teenager look of pure exasperation and said, "ME TOO! I was YOU while you were in bed." To funny. I had to laugh.
Some adventures are really best left in the past... Like this one! Happy New Year, finally...

2 comments:

  1. sorry to hear of all the fiascoes! glad you are on the mend. hope the rest of the year is easier for you! cute pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Denise! Sounds like you've had a crazy few months! I'm so sorry you had such a hard time! Isn't it wonderful to have teenagers how can help so much? What's so great is that you got all your bad things out of the way for the year already. This year should be smooth sailing now!

    ReplyDelete