Rehoboth Beach

Rehoboth Beach
I want the pink one!

Bethany Beach, DE

Bethany Beach, DE
June 2011

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Did I Really Say That I Loved Summer???

How many weeks has it been since school's been out? It feels like about 6 months, but who's counting? The first problem was that I got a really awful cold/ flu thing at the end of the first official week... I actually lost my voice entirely for two days! I'm sure my kids were heartbroken... After sleeping in until 11:00 every morning for a week because I'd been up half the night coughing, everyone thought they could do whatever they wanted all day (meaning, no work, all play!). The second problem is that my sweet little fifteen year old boy has a "girlfriend"! That really just speaks for itself... The third and now most prevalent fiasco of the summer is that the Defense Department released it's program cuts on Friday and Conan's was one of them... Translation, yesterday was his last day at work. That is just a tad bit inconvenient...

So, no matter how prepared we are, life just has to shock us now and then or we'd be way too comfortable, right? For some reason, I see a pattern in our lives of humbling circumstances having to do with MOVING!!! It's actually not all that bad, really. I'm starting to get the moving fever when things get on a good schedule and we start making great friends. (Did I really say that?) Who knows, maybe we'll end up staying right here... WE SHALL SEE!!!

On a positive note, we had a great time on Saturday renting boats at the local lake! Conan and Christian got a canoe and the girls and I had a great time building up our leg muscles in a peddle boat! I didn't actually take the camera out on the lake, but I did get a few pics.

We're trying to decide if we should try to experience the July 4th festivities in Washington D.C. We'll definitely take the Metro if we venture down there! Anyway, what ever we decide, life has just gotten way more interesting and exciting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment