Rehoboth Beach

Rehoboth Beach
I want the pink one!

Bethany Beach, DE

Bethany Beach, DE
June 2011

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hurray For Paint!!!

I was so completely horrified by the state of the walls in our new place; covered with patches of spackle and builder-grade flat white paint! So, while my hard working husband was out of town earning a living, I moved everything to the center of the family room and after pouring over hundreds- maybe thousands, of paint colors, just went with the colors calling out to me, the ones I loved! I kind of gulped, bought the 3 gallons, one for each room, and broke out the rollers and drop cloths. After an agonizing 4 days (you know how it is... trying to live with everything in disarray, running out of paint with half a wall to go... etc...) I had a beautiful new home! Really, that's what it felt like. I'm relishing in the deliciousness of robins-egg blue for the family room, a yummy cinnamon hued kitchen, and every time we come and go, loving the dramatic deep blue-green entryway! Since we are relegated to renting at the moment, it's all I can really do to make the space my own, and it makes a dramatic difference in turning a house into a home! It just feels like me! By the way, I LOVE the new Martha Stewart paint at Home Depot. It covers entirely in one coat, and has an amazing depth to it- for about $25 a gallon! NICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment